Monday, July 23, 2007

Christening The Ship

Welcome to the inaugural post of "I'm Not Sayin', I'm Just Sayin'...." Allow me to re-introduce myself, my name is Chris, or Roma Chris as I'm affectionately called by some. I am born-and-bred Bostonian, but the Roma tag comes from my undying love for all things Associazione Sportiva Roma, or the Italian soccer club AS Roma for the Americans in the house. There's that whole Italian roots part also, which I'm sure whoever gave me that nickname factored in. I started out writing a little blog on the club at The Offside, a website devoted to anything and everything pertaining to The Beautiful Game. In fact, if you're reading this within the first month of this post, you probably know me from there. It has proven successful (at least to me) in a short time, and I've had quite a few people asking for more. So I'm here to give the people what they want. Because I'm just that type of guy.

As far as this website goes, it won't be solely devoted to AS Roma or calcio (soccer), for that matter. Any Bostonians in the room will tell you that we are mildly enthusiastic about sports. And when I say mildly enthusiastic, I mean we are certifiably insane. We should be given straight-jackets to wear during Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics games (I forgot, does the NHL still exist?). Anyhow, one of my most popular columns is a little piece on Fridays called A Potpourri of Useless Flapdoodle, a hodge-podge of videos, articles, commentary, Duck Tales, Scott Baio's IMDb page and other inane nuggets of that nature. Stuff to make the end of the work week come a little quicker. So, this will be All Flapdoodle All The Time, with a quasi-intelligent thought thrown in every once in a blue moon (we hope). A lot of sports, pop culture and current events which can brighten up our days a little bit. Basically, random talk of a nonsensical nature. Because we don't accept logic around here. Life's just that much more fun when it's all on a wing and a prayer.

I hope to post on a daily basis. This won't detract from my duties reporting on anything and everything involving Roma over at The Offside. And if you haven't heard of the website, check it out. I'm not trying to shamelessly promote the site, I was a fan and loyal reader before I started writing - it really is great stuff. Thanks for coming by and hope you enjoy the dog and pony show.